Monday, 19 November 2012

Minor Project Hand In!

Minor project hand in was last week and this last project has been a roller coaster to say the least, my ideas took a whole different direction and ended up being very geometric and in parts heavily embroidered.

'Industrial Flora' project all set up in my bay ready to be marked

Close up of one of my final designs

'Industrial Flora' has been a big learning curve for me and I hit a few bumps along the way but I  think that these bumps have made the project turn out the way it has so I'm pleased with them now.
My main source of inspiration was fusing industrial and floral elements together, I feel that although the floral aspect isn't obvious in the design, the colour, texture and overall look of the designs had been floral inspired. My designs were digitally printed onto both Habotai Silk and Cotton Troy, to create a layered effect with the two fabrics going together and areas of the top fabrics were laser cut to show the base fabric print. I spent a lot of time embroidering into my designs, having designs that were both heavily embroidered and some that showed selective bits of stitch.

I'm amazed at what I've been able to produce in the last 8 weeks and I hope that F.M.P has the same results. I've started researching for F.M.P so I'll keep you posted on my progress throughout the last project of my degree (eek scary..) I can't believe that three years of my degree are nearly over - I've learnt so much and had such a great time, so this next project has got to be great !