Saturday 29 October 2011

Second Year !

So I'm well into my first project of second year, which is Surface Design for Interiors, which involves designing and printing a furnishing fabric design using colour separations. This project is linked with the forecasting company Trend Bible and is an excellent opportunity,  it's all top secret at the mo so I'll post pictures when it's all finished. I'm really excited to start printing and get some of the ideas buzzing around my head onto fabric and hopefully produce some lovely, lovely work !

But here's some pictures of some oldies from the last project of first year, which was Introductory Surface Design for both Interior and Fashion.


So this is a snippet from some of my design development sheets for the furnishing fabrics part of the project, of which the designs were inspired from the initial brief being inspired by the Rococo period.

And this is the final printed furnishing length, which I was so nervous about printing, because my first stint in the print room, gave me mixed feeling about print, so many things went wrong, but so many right too. However, i actually really enjoyed this and was so pleased with the final outcome ! It really shocked me that I could print this and have found a new love for Printing. I've just learned about colour separations so hopefully, this next week of printing will be very very good, fingers crossed anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment